Five Signs You May Be an Unrecognized Genius*
1. You collect lost paper airplanes, note their findspot and date of discovery, and accession them into your
2. Gourds speak to you on a deep level.
3. To you, toilet-paper rolls are not recycling, but rather display socles for tiny sculptures, ones that speak of loss and time.
4. The tiny sculptures in #3 are old eggshells.
5. You consider yourself (and quite possibly, are) the world’s leading authority on string figures.
Paper airplanes collected by Harry Smith on the streets of New York City, newly arrived with his archive at the Getty Research Institute.
* and/or the reincarnation of Harry Smith
Date: December 24, 1971
Flight Info: Northwest Airlines Flight 734 from Minneapolis to Miami.
The Story: A 25-year-old Indiana University dropout, Holt seized the Boeing 707 shortly after takeoff by firing a pistol twice and declaring that he had a suitcase filled with seven sticks of…
Looks like a nice kid.
Alta Plaza is completely open again. New grass! (at Alta Plaza Park)
It’s not a scandal without Comic Sans.